The PENTAX PF-80ED-A features a 45-degree slanted lens barrel for comfortable viewing in almost any situation. Housed in a lightweight magnesium-alloy body, extra low dispersion glass elements and large 80 mm objective lenses for outstanding image quality and clarity under all light conditions.
- Housed in an exceptionally lightweight magnesium-alloy body
- Incorporating Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements for optimum optical resolution
- Large 80mm objective lenses for bright viewing under all light conditions
- The body incorporates the American standard 1-1/4" diameter eyepiece receptacle, which accepts not only the optional Pentax XW eyepieces, but also other telescope manufacturers' eyepieces on the market
- The receptacle has a special "O" ring assembly, which allows the body of the scope to be filled with nitrogen, making it fog proof and JIS Class 6 waterproof
- A built-in lens shade cuts excessive light and helps to prevent rain and other weather elements from interfering with viewing
- An extra wide focusing knob is incorporated for effortless focusing
- A tripod socket with a click-stop rotation mechanism is available to allow for different viewing angle options
- Famous Pentax Super-Multi-Coating maximizes light transmission, clarity and contrast
- An extendable eyecup allows variable adjustment for up to a full 20mm of eye relief, allowing those wearing eyeglasses the same view as non-eyeglass wearers
- Equipped with a durable rubber housing to protect against shock and damage
- Accepts PENTAX XW Telescope Eyepieces: XW7(71x), XW10(50x), XW14(36x), XW20(26x), and the 20X-60X Zoom Eyepiece.